Cabrinha 01: Contra 1S
Performance lightwind / freeride
1 Strut, Hybrid design, Low drag wing tips, Draft forward profiles
Perfect for any rider that wants an ultra efficient, responsive 1 strut kite
The popularity of the Contra can not be overstated. It’s ability to extend any kite quiver well into the light wind arena is unmatched. This season we’ve expanded the Contra’s range to bring its legendary efficiency deep into the foil boarding realm.
The Contra’s largest sizes maintain its 3 strut design for use with any board in any discipline. Its fully supported 3 strut frame keeps it driving forward when using a more traditional selection of kite boards.The smaller sizes in the range utilize a 1 strut design to provide the ultimate light wind performance for foil boarding.
The single strut version of the Contra is built on its platform of efficiency and range, while adding featherweight control. With its single strut, the Contra 1S is lighter and more nimble, allowing the use of much smaller kite sizes to maximize foilboarding’s true potential.
The Contra 1 strut’s superior drift characteristics allow for low angles of attack while on foil, and the rear line tension increases steering impulse even when depowered.
This dynamic kite design shift will put an optimized Contra light wind kite in your hands whether you ride a twin tip, surfboard, or a foil board
* Lightweight 1-strut design
* Heavy duty closing seam construction
* Nano Ripstop Canopy, the benchmark in durability, stability and responsiveness
* High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability and improved handling characteristics
* Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
* Pure profile panels for efficient aerodynamics
* Agile and nimble steering for increased power delivery
* Superior drift characteristics and underpowered steering response
* Effortless relaunch in the lightest of wind conditions